Tuesday, 27 August 2019

SAILING GRUNGE

 I've been thinking that I haven't used my embossing paste for a while and discovered that it was going a little hard.  I mixed it up again and it's usable so it's going to get a workout this week!

Using one of the new stencils in the Holiday Catalogue I spread the embossing paste onto a piece of come Sail Away DSP and left it to dry.  I diecut the rope once, the knot four times and the 'thingys' that go on the compass in Soft Suede card.  The 'thingys' (technical term I know) have been covered with the fine tip glue pen** and left to dry and harden.  Once they were dry, I attached them to the compass with a small brad.
After stamping the compass image onto Very Vanilla card, I punched it out with the 1 3/8" circle punch and punched another Very Vanilla circle with the 1 3/4" circle punch. * I stamped the congrats in Granny Apple Green ink and diecut it.  All of these were sponged with Soft Suede ink.


Once the embossing paste was dry I roughed the DSP using the edge of my craft knife, intentionally cutting in one or two places.  I then crumpled the DSP and sponged the creaselines and all around the edge.  I glued the rope onto the DSP, cut off the excess and adhered this to the card front, making sure NOT to smooth out the DSP too much.

*   If you don't have circle punches you could use the layering circles dies.
** Or you could use Stampin" Up's new Shimmer Crystal Effects available soon       in the Holiday Catalogue coming out 1 September 2019. 


Product List

deanacraftandcreate.blogspot.co.nz
www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/deanadesign/blog
struts58@outlook.com

Remember, a handcrafted card is like sending a hug with a fold in the middle!

No comments:

Post a Comment