Tuesday 27 August 2019

SAILING GRUNGE

 I've been thinking that I haven't used my embossing paste for a while and discovered that it was going a little hard.  I mixed it up again and it's usable so it's going to get a workout this week!

Using one of the new stencils in the Holiday Catalogue I spread the embossing paste onto a piece of come Sail Away DSP and left it to dry.  I diecut the rope once, the knot four times and the 'thingys' that go on the compass in Soft Suede card.  The 'thingys' (technical term I know) have been covered with the fine tip glue pen** and left to dry and harden.  Once they were dry, I attached them to the compass with a small brad.
After stamping the compass image onto Very Vanilla card, I punched it out with the 1 3/8" circle punch and punched another Very Vanilla circle with the 1 3/4" circle punch. * I stamped the congrats in Granny Apple Green ink and diecut it.  All of these were sponged with Soft Suede ink.


Once the embossing paste was dry I roughed the DSP using the edge of my craft knife, intentionally cutting in one or two places.  I then crumpled the DSP and sponged the creaselines and all around the edgeI glued the rope onto the DSP, cut off the excess and adhered this to the card front, making sure NOT to smooth out the DSP too much.

*   If you don't have circle punches you could use the layering circles dies.
** Or you could use Stampin" Up's new Shimmer Crystal Effects available soon       in the Holiday Catalogue coming out 1 September 2019. 


Product List

deanacraftandcreate.blogspot.co.nz
www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/deanadesign/blog
struts58@outlook.com

Remember, a handcrafted card is like sending a hug with a fold in the middle!

No comments:

Post a Comment