Friday 23 August 2019

BLUE BUTTERFLY BABY

I was invited to a baby shower at church last weekend and wanted to try out the idea that popped into my head during the previous week.  I spent a lot, and I mean a lot!! of time diecutting out the butterflies in retired and some current colours.  I wanted to have an ombre effect cascading down the mobile.  I searched in all my other crafting stashes and found the nylon thread and only had to purchase the embroidery hoop and the pompom trim.  


Each butterfly has been hot glued down the body onto the nylon and another butterfly glued on top to hide it. None of the wings are glued so they could be spread to make a more 3D look.  The nylon has been knotted and glued to the hoop at different lengths.  I was then going to put the outer hoop back on to secure and hide those knots but the mobile would not hang level because of the weight of the screw which tightens the hoop.    The pompom trim is hot glued around the hoop to hide knots etc.
So I could make another mobile at some stage but would hang the top butterflies a little lower next time.

deanacraftandcreate.blogspot.co.nz
www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/deanadesign/blog
struts58@outlook.com

Remember, a handcrafted card is like sending a hug with a fold in the middle!



No comments:

Post a Comment