Sunday 22 April 2018

COZY COTTAGE

I've been thinking about bleach for a couple of weeks so I had a go at it today - it's been a long time since I'd done this technique and it still is like magic.  But first I embossed the image with black embossing powder as it gives a bit of a raised edge which helps to contain the bleach into the areas I wanted.


The cottage, tree trunks, steps and cobblestones were 'painted' with the bleach and then blasted with the heat tool to dry quickly - that is not required for this technique but I was in a hurry!  I then bleached the roof and steps twice more so that it looks brighter than the rest of the cottage.  I then winked of stella  - wink of stellaed.... used the Wink of Stella pen to paint the windows.


I used the largest layering oval to cut out the cottage and then used a larger oval from a retired set to cut the whisper white layer.
I make the card into an easel card and used the very cute deck chair stamp in the set to make the stopper.  The sentiment was punched with a retired punch.


struts58@outlook.com
deanacraftandcreate.blogspot.co.nz
www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/deanadesign/blog

Remember, a handcrafted card is like sending a hug with a fold in the middle!



Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment