Wednesday 25 April 2018

CONGRATS & CELEBRATE


This is a card I made at my downline Jan's class a few weeks ago - beautiful using a colour combo I never would have put together - but I really like it.



Now I have to admit that I had a bit of a senior moment and forgot to put a customer's order in before the end of March and her Sale-A-Bration freebie was the Amazing You stamp set that features in this card.  So when her order arrived I popped my stamp set in with her order - my mistake after all but then had a dilemma deciding how I was going to CASE the card.

So, as I had recently purchased the Petal Palette stamp set I decided to try that one and see how it went.


I swiped over the banner with Whisper White craft ink after embossing it with the Pinewood Planks embossing folder.  I don't have the Lots of Labels framelits so I used a retired set called Labels Collection and just trimmed off the sides.  I could have used the celebrate die shown in the top card but decided to use the congrats in the Sunshines Wishes thinlits dies.  To make the 'congrats' a bit sturdier, I diecut it again in Emerald Envy cardstock and glued it to the back of the Gold Glimmer.  I did not deliberately try to offset the green underneath but if it showed a little here or there, I wasn't too worried about it.

I think it turned out pretty well - even if I do say so myself!


And inside....






Product List


No comments:

Post a Comment