Thursday 24 March 2016

Beautiful Ride

The technique I've tried today is called split negative - I found it quite hard to do and did wonder if it was going to be too tricky to use in my classes until I used my misti. 


I discovered after quite a few attempts that if I stamped the image onto cardstock that was the same size and the image was exactly in the same place, it was much easier to cut in half and piece together.


I think it looks quite stunning.  I also liked the look of the embossing folder layered underneath which reminds me of tyre treads.

INGREDIENTS:
Stamp Set:             Beautiful Ride
Cardstock:             Whisper White, Basic Black, Pool party
Ink:                         Momentous Black, Versamark
Other:                     Pool Party embossing powder,  Heart Punch,  Arrows embossing folder                                                      

Deana Struthers
http://deanacraftandcreate.blogspot.co.nz
struts@clear.net.nz
Shop Online 24/7


1 comment:

  1. You have a MISTI?! I'm very jealous. Lovely card and I like your new blog background. Very seasonal.

    ReplyDelete